Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dance Like No One's Watching

On Sunday, I participated in a women-only session of JourneyDance at Pure Yoga West. JourneyDance is an experience where an instructor gently guides a group in dance and play that celebrates our unique bodies, creativity, power, and desires.

Unlike many dance classes where the instructor scrutinizes your every gesture and insists on you doing it her way, there is only love at JourneyDance. Everyone is encouraged to enjoy the music and move in a way that feels good to her own body. "Dance like no one's watching," Toni Bergins, the instructor and founder of JourneyDance said. How about that?! 



I left class feeling free and ready to unleash my powerful brand of awesomeness onto the world. I am encouraged by Toni's words. How will I dance like no one's watching in the world outside the yoga studio? Lately, I am working on overcoming my fear of failure as a writer by writing and actually putting it places that people will read it. Yikes and yippee!

How will you dance like no one is watching this week?

This blog post is part of a series called, That's So Goddess, which I am contributing to La Dea Vita, "a silk-road of Goddess inter-exchange of love, support, sisterhood, ideas, products, art, lifework & passion" founded by Mishel Herrera, Entrepreneur Empress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for adding your voice to the conversation! Blogging can be a little lonely sometimes so your message means a lot to me. I moderate comments to reduce spam, but I'll be sure to post non-spammy comments ASAP. *Huggles!*