Monday, August 23, 2010

Today, Monday August 24th, as best I can remember it.

Today I slept until 10, then I lounged on the couch while eating a bagel, watching a little of Ms. Wendy, and surfing the internets. Before I knew it nearly two hours of my day had gone by and I had nothing to show for it. Yikes!

Cloth Mops: Simply the Best!
So I did what I normally do when I have no idea what else to do: I cleaned. I swept and mopped our entire apartment for the first time since July. Yuck, I know! July was nearly two months ago and since that time we have had a huge party and have cooked lots of tasty, sticky meals, so our floor was good and dirty. My only excuse is that it's too effing hot to do any hardcore cleaning in the Summer. Today offered some relief thanks to a crazy windy rainstorm, so I was happy to seize the opportunity to return our apartment floor to its former shiny glory. After two hours of pre-scrubbing and re-scrubbing to the tunes of Modest Mouse, our floor looked fantastic and felt just as great to my bare feet!

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful: Richard and I hung around Sit & Wonder for about an hour. I went to work at AK and shuffled some hungry weird people. I also drew a weird monster with nads on my hostess pad. I've never drawn anything with nads before, so it made me giggle like I was in middle school. Gotta draw more nads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for adding your voice to the conversation! Blogging can be a little lonely sometimes so your message means a lot to me. I moderate comments to reduce spam, but I'll be sure to post non-spammy comments ASAP. *Huggles!*