- I am currently reading a book--The Best American NonRequired Reading (2007). I've been consistently reading on the subway and even read a few times at home (gasp!).
- I attended the first meeting of a new writer's group on Sunday morning. I wrote something during the meeting and struggled for several hours to develop it into a longer fiction piece about a monkey and a mad scientist. It didn't really work out, despite the support provided by Jason and Jessica. I kind of got lost in trying to develop plot and then lost interest altogether. Perhaps, I should focus on writing in genres I feel more comfortable with for now. Fiction isn't really my forte. I still need to come up with something to be workshopped by Friday. Dang it!
- Draw more? Okay, I haven't been. I'm saddistic. Still, I put the Monday night uninstructed Life Sketch at the Art Students League on my calendar. (It's only $6!) I'll go for the first time next week.
- It's hard to quantify if I have been procrastinating less. I mean, I wasn't a total mess before and I did finally do the painful chore of redeeming the massage coupon Jessica gave me for my birthday. But in general? Uh...well, I do have some mail from 2 weeks ago that I should open, like a million SuperVegan friend requests on MySpace to approve, and a few good restaurants to add to our resty guide. Dang it!
- Think less. Do more...well, I've been adding and attending lots of things on my calendar without sweating if I'm totally prepared or if I'm going to have to go it alone.
- I've been drinking so much water my eyeballs are floating.
- As far as eating more at home, does it count if I eat leftovers from work at home? That goal isn't going to well. True, I've been eating out less, but mostly that's because I've been eating less in general. Note to self: Buy some groceries!
- I downloaded an audio book crash course in Spanish from the Brooklyn Public Library's E-Library. Despite putting the book on my MP3 player, I have yet to listen to it. I blame my self-consciousness about wearing headphones in public for this.
- I have yet to visit anywhere new, but Chinatown in Sunset Park is calling me. Oh, wait. I went to the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa for my massage last week. That place was new and felt totally foreign. I guess I was thinking more geographically when I made the goal though.
- I am far from freed of my TV addiction, but I am making an effort to watch less TV. In fact, I didn't watch any TV today! I think the key is to get out of the house. Binging on Netflix also helps the me stay clean of TV for about 48 hours. (Last night Jessica and watched 4 episodes of last season's L Word.) I haven't watched a full episode of CSI: Miami in about four days. I do miss Horacio Cane as others might miss a close friend they haven't seen in a while, but (theoretically) I do have more important things to do than watch the forensic unraveling of a fictional murder mystery in Miami.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Great in 2008 Check-In
Okay, it's no mystery. I'm not really sticking hard and fast to my list of resolutions...err, "goals." Surprise. Still, I am making steps in the right direction. I think.