Monday, August 20, 2007

Farm Pizza!

Yesterday, Jessica and I joined up with other Bed-Stuy CSA members to visit the farm where Hector grows our food. The farm was much smaller than I imagined it was. I'm really impressed that Hector manages to grow so much on such a small space. Oh, Jason (the only person who reads this blog) was with us. I beat him at travel Connect-4 and then he made us play Boggle by the offical rules--which was great because he actually beat Jessica who has been undefeated in every house game she and I have ever played. Schweet!

While at the farm, we harvested part of our share. We picked about 300 Whole Foods dollars worth of heirloom tomatoes. This afternoon I went over to Jason's and we made a huge pot of tomato sauce, which neither The Cat nor I were a big fan of. Stll, it was fun to cook with someone else. I love cooking with friends. Plus, I didn't have to do any dishes.

I made two pizzas when I got home. Both have an herbal-nutritional yeasty crust. One pizza has an heirloom tomato basil sauce base and was topped with roasted garlic, red onion, black olives, and zucchini. It was great. The other has a pesto base, red onion, black olives, tomato, zucchini, and Mexican field roast sausage. It wasn't as good as the tomato based pizza--that's why there's so much left. I guess it's official, I really don't like pesto.

Pizza!

So yeah, that was today. Since I haven't written in here in a while I should brief you on the past six months. I had some funny times temping. I started feeling bad about my life. I wanted regular income, friends, a place to put my coffee mug. I got a permanent admin job. It was boring and made me feel bad about my life. I quit. I still feel bad about my life, but a little less hopeless though a little more broke. I've got to find a way to follow my dreams (except for the cocaine dreams) and make some paper. God, are you listening?

1 comment:

Thanks so much for adding your voice to the conversation! Blogging can be a little lonely sometimes so your message means a lot to me. I moderate comments to reduce spam, but I'll be sure to post non-spammy comments ASAP. *Huggles!*