Tuesday, February 13, 2007

This weekend, as best I remember it: Feb 9-Feb 11

Friday, February 9
My temp assignment at the bank copy shop of horrors continues. It's much better though, now that I know I won't be returning next week. I'll be going back to my sweet cushy receptionist spot at the financy place.

After work, I have dinner at Red Bamboo Brooklyn with Susie, Jason Das, Patrick, Benjamin, April, Debra, and Josh. Tons of fun! It was the best time that I've had in a long time. For some reason, Josh mistakenly thinks I'm drunk. That happens to me a lot. I know I'm not the driest person alive, but c'mon! I'm just naturally giggly and loud.

Saturday, February 10
Lucy is crazy about Chinese food leftovers!

lucy with the lid on.

Sabrina and I attend a double birthday party for a friend and her jokester husband. I have a great time until the husband makes a habit of kissing my head and announcing very loudly that he has a crush on me. I'm sure he thinks this is all very funny since he has enough alcohol in his system to fuel a Segue, but it's terribly embarrassing for me. I'm still recovering.

Sunday, February 11
Jessica and I have brunch at Caravan of Dreams and sit at the coveted lovers' bench. There are even more couples there than usual, and I find myself nauseated even though I am in a relationship. But it may have something to do with the Yuppie mother changing her baby's diaper on the bench just two seats away from me. I'm sure she thinks everything about her baby is wonderful, but I don't need to see the end result of soy formula and applesauce over brunch. Who let that baby in here anyway?!

The highlight of the day happens at 9:30 when Jessica unveils the Valentine's Day secret she's been keeping for 3 weeks--Kiki & Herb! That's right, we catch the dynamic duo at Joe's Pub! Best present ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for adding your voice to the conversation! Blogging can be a little lonely sometimes so your message means a lot to me. I moderate comments to reduce spam, but I'll be sure to post non-spammy comments ASAP. *Huggles!*