Monday, February 19, 2007

This week, as best I remember it: Feb 12-Feb 18

I would like to sum up the week that's passed as boring and full of moments that could be judged as morbidly insignificant (even when using the standards of this blog). I'll just post the highlights and spare you the super boring stuff.

Monday, February 12
I returned to the financy place to work as a receptionist. As a temp, it's always nice to be back where I know everyone but there weren't any eccentric visitors or callers so things were kind of lame.

For dinner, I cooked up Indian-Spiced Sweet Potato Potpie from my favorite cookbook, The Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes Cookbook. I also prepared ginger snaps for dessert. I can't get enough of those cookies!

Indian Spiced Sweet Potato Potpie 2


Tuesday, February 13, Wednesday, February 14, & Thursday, February 15

Temping. Eating. Sleeping. Chores. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Well, one fun thing happened on Wednesday: I caught Somethin' (of Flavor of Love fame) on MTV's Date My Mom. Good to know she's not letting a little rouge turd stop her from finding true love via the teen television circuit.

Friday, February 16
Susie, Josh, and I tagged along with April to a V-day party in Williamsburg. They had some a tasty variety of snacks including pink heart shaped popcorn balls, but (to April's lament) the boy population, though large, was not as delicious. How is it possible that someone could have so many guy friends and not a single cute one? I smell conspiracy.

Still, the evening wasn't a complete loss. The party picked up about 10 minutes before we left. The hostesses finally got a clue and turned off the radio that was tuned to Power 105 and put on some albums. I had the time of my life dancing to songs from Thriller in my coat and thermals. It was hot!

Saturday, February 17
Jazz and I met up for lunch and a blogging tutorial at Soy Luck Club, then I went shopping and bought these great shoes at Strawberry. I know they're sort of tacky, but I love, love, love leopard print and am thrilled to have found heels I can walk in.

new shoes!

Sunday, February 18
Jessica and I don't really spend that much waking time together because she works full time, goes to school three evenings out of the week, and spends Friday nights and Saturdays with her little sister. As a result, Sundays are pretty special in general and this Sunday in particular was one of the nicest days we've had together in a while. We "slept in" and then went to Caravan of Dreams for brunch. Afterwards, we got our eyebrows threaded and then we hung out at Bluestockings (where I met a raw chef who shared a very complicated French Toast recipe with me). Later we walked over to Angelika where we saw The Lives of Others in a very packed house. The movie was soooo good! Our final stop was a late dinner at Red Bamboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for adding your voice to the conversation! Blogging can be a little lonely sometimes so your message means a lot to me. I moderate comments to reduce spam, but I'll be sure to post non-spammy comments ASAP. *Huggles!*